Tuesday, May 23, 2006

What I have been up to...


Look at my sock! It has been a slow painstaking process. I can finally understand the instructions on Betsy Lee McCarthy's Knit Socks book. I started off knitting socks with the japanese style of using kitchener stitch for turning the heel. But the method taught in the book makes the heel so much easier to knit and less messy to wear. ( NO more bumps under your Heel !) The heel becomes a flatter and smoother area. WoHOOO..



I guess i have caught the sock bug ! I went to the Camberwell Sunday market this weekend( Yes, i made it in the morning) and bought some fantastic and cheap wool-blend yarn that is perfect for socks. There were many more colours and blends that were too good to be true. It was big tempting eye candy for me and i just want them all... But i am not a greedy girl, but hey, which knitter can help herself/himself when it is only AUD$3 a ball and u can knit a pair with it. So i went home with 2 balls as for now, i will go back for more.

2 Comments:

Blogger B said...

I like the book eventhough at times it may seem a bit cryptic in it's instructions. I have started on the second sock already. Aren't they addicting? Great colors!

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The colour of the yarn you got from Camberwell is very nice and I'm sure they will turn into a beautiful pair of socks! I have never been to Camberwell market and I still can't in the near future, because I have been working weekend shift.:(

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home