Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Yesterday, i went to the Handspinners and Weavers guild and bought these wonderful yarns. They were so cheap that i had to refrain myself from browsing too much. All the yarns were spun on the spot by student spinners and were dyed in a myriad of colours... from fingering lace to bulky slubby weight.



The bright blue yarn is actually a rug yarn. I am gonna knit that up and place it at my doorstep. The current mat is already old and dirty and it belongs to the previous tenant !

As for the white one, i am going to get some kool-aid to dye it. but after scouring the shops here, i cannot find any kool-aid. Ohh my god, where am i gonna get it ? unless i go to the US or buy online...or maybe some kind soul from the US is willing to send me some ?

Anyway, i have started on my 2nd pair of socks using baby yarn. I hope it is able to withstand the 'hardworking lifestyle' of a sock. Yesterday, while i was on the tram home, i happened to sit across a lady knitting socks too. After sometime, i spoke to her and she told me that she got her self striping sock yarn from Germany. Germany ? It is a hidden knitter's haven. Every newsagent carries a few publications of knitting magazines. Moreover, almost every dry goods stores sell yarn..Quaint little yarns shops are all over the place in those villages.
Well, Germany is my next stash enhancement destination after Tokyo.

1 Comments:

Blogger B said...

Oh mi gosh I have that same book - knitting a sock out of there now! LOVE that book! Love that the yarn is clearly explained and I love that they use mostly Cascade.

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home