Thursday, May 11, 2006

vintage knitting pictures

u

Here are some pictures i stumbled upon while surfing the net... They were promotional messages urging women to take up knitting for war time soldiers during the second world war.

Don't you think they look simply encouraging and inspiring? ! imagine if we have a huge responsibility of knitting for soldiers at war , would it still be a meditative and relaxing craft or would it be a traumatic experience as we struggle to perfect our stitches and ripping 'kinky' parts just to make sure it looks good and fits our soldiers ?
What do you think?


I saw 2 puppies at the local mall the other day. I simply love looking at them and fantasize the thought of bringing them home~ knitting cute little sweaters and ironically watching in horror as they rip my yarns and nesting themselves in my freshly knitted goodies..
But imagine, having sweet little pups like these resting by your feet in winter and welcoming you home at the door is simply heartwarming.

Well, the day will come.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome to the ring. I wish you luck with your puppy dream:)

7:23 AM  
Blogger Hege said...

I love the vintage pictures! I love reading about the history of knitting, and have a collection of patterns dating back to WW2, one of which is Knitting for Defense... I bet if we were knitting for soldiers, we would be more worried about quantity than quality, though. Weekly knitting bees to make sure you do your duty and all that.
My puppies do love yarn, especially if it's fuzzy mohair :)

3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home