Thursday, May 18, 2006

dyed yarns !

Yes ! I finally got my hands dirty with kool-aid. I felt like a fiber artist!
1. I used 2 methods of dyeing: microwave and stove top dyeing
2. Pink yarn was painted with Cherry kool-aid to create strips and white yarn was in for a full dye soak.
At first the yarn was allll tangled up. I spent a long time getting it undone.. poor me..

The yarns were laid out on plastic sheet and i mixed the kool-aid and started painting the pink one. (doesn't it looks like blood..eeeew) As for the white yarn, i had initial thoughts of spotting it with the cherry colour. But since it got messy, i dumped the whole thing into a jar and allowed it to boil with kool aid until the water turned colourless.

The pink yarn went into the microwave for 2 minutes and i hanged them out to dry.

LooK! a plate of Yarn. YUM

This is how it looks like all wind up. The colour isn't exactly that fantastic because i used 1 packet of kool aid for both skeins, but it was fun.

( a closer look) now i have a problem.. i don't know what to use it for. Maybe for knitting some cherry flavoured socks ?

1 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

I think they both look nice--definitely unique and handpainted. It's a lot of fun!

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home