Friday, May 12, 2006

10 things about me

1. I have been knitting ever since in early 2004. I have completed various small projects such as scarves, hand mitts, cushion covers, ipod cozies, coin pouches, socks.....

2. I only love to knit with natural fibers ( Call me a fiber snob!) Absolutely hate acrylic, but my first scarf was a black ribbed acrylic 'thing' which met its destiny by finally becoming Mr H's golf bag.

3. Completely head over heels with knitting socks now; i am trying to get every possible sock yarn into my stash.

4. Always miss the local Camberwell sunday market because i sleep in. Hence, i am always frustrated on missing out on the occasional yarn stall which sells cheap cheap yarn. ( i have to make it to this sunday's)

5. Currently, i hope to be on a yarn budget.. restraining to purchases that are absolutely necessary.. But hey, yarn is necessary, by the way, i am inspired to knit my own cardigan with Rowan yarns... ambitious am i ?

6.There are 15 balls of mohair blend in my stash and i have no idea of what to do with them. Scarves are far too risky to create with them, it will be too itchy :P any suggestions willlll be greatly appreciated.

7. I want to sign up for 'secret pal' knitting program, but i do not know how to go about doing it.. I would love to pack and surprise a fellow with a knitting goodie bag too..

8. Right now, i have been looking for jobs everyday. I have just graduated from teaching college and uni . After 4 years of uni, i m enjoying my lazy days now. But this couldn't last long as i will soon be very broke and 'yarnless'.

9. I love grocery shopping and going to local Blockbuster every other day. And of course yarn shopping... I will go great lengths and breadths of going to LYS even if it takes to me change 3 or 4 public transports...

10. I would certainly hope i can get some kool aid and start dyeing yarns soon. Hopefully, i will sign up for spinning classes too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hege said...

Good luck with learning to spin, and with the job search! I would really love learning to spin and dye, too!

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home