Sunday, May 14, 2006

While i was knitting happily watching tv last night, i discovered an offending little hole in my sock. I paused and waited in horror as i did not remember dropping stitches or whatsoever. But i continue knitting, it grew and grew but the pattern seemed to be going the wrong way. Hence, i pulled out the needles and ripped out out. Frogged It !! hiaz.. what a waste of my time.


Feeling disheartened about it, i took out a skirt i bought 4 years ago back in Singapore for going to Australia. It is a woollen quilted skirt that is perfect for the chilly weather here. But guess what, i have never wear it before until now. Perhaps it was too long and totally unflattering for my long and willowy frame. Hence, today, i started 'Project Skirts'. I have another 3 more skirts to go. Mission : to alter the skirt such that it fits me at the waist and sits at a comfortable length ( which is knee area) Hopeful, i will more things to wear after this... hee hee

I had to manually hand stitched as my '$40 toy sewing machine' wasn't responding the right way.

Now, i leave you with a knitting needles case i made last year for my teaching project. It wasn't difficult to sew, but making the pockets to fit the needles were a little too challenging.


4 Comments:

Blogger B said...

GREAT needle holder!!!!!! Sorry about the sock. I frogged my first attempt twice I think???? it's still a WIP but then I got the Cascade yarn and couldn't put it down. Once you drop or mess up a stitch in socks I find it hard to fix. : ( At least I have found this.

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your instruction, Shanwen. I'll go find it when I drive by that area. Your needle case is very pretty!

7:24 PM  
Blogger shanwen said...

Thank you all. I got a distinction for that, but i haven't really use it so far

8:43 PM  
Blogger weaselrina said...

The needle holder is terrific!

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home