Tuesday, April 18, 2006

pink and 'mohaired'


I got so sick of knitting socks that i have decided to take a break.
So i rummaged through my stash and found some variegated mohair yarns. Merely 1 hour later, i ended up with this.

It is so easy to knit, just the basics with k1,p1 and viola..
Boy , how i love knitting. Hopefully this scarf will be finished in time to match my pink sweater.

As times goes by, i discover many things about crafts and knitting. I am never focused with one project, be it a scarf or a fabric flower pin. I get distracted easily, in fact, seduced easily by the softy innocence of yarns begging me to touch them. Then my heart strayed.
I will almost instantaneously dream about a new project and some quick knits i could quickly whipped up using these 'seductive' yarns. Hence, like many other knitters ( i hope i am not alone), i am left with many unfinished projects which are lying around..
Right now, i am lucky to have only 2 projects lying a around.. On any given 'bad' day, i will have at least 5 or more

An insatiable knitting appetite ? Or plain old way of wasting money ? I don't know. But this is highly cliche i believe.

unfortunately, i have recently been unlucky with my money, and lost $150 over nothing. It is really uneccessary and heartbreaking. Hence, with the help of Mr Wonderful, i have decided.. no more yarns or any knitting related materials are to be purchased for the next 2 or 3 months. ( a blessing in disguised ?)
I hope i can survived, meanwhile.. i will just have to dig my stash..
Yes, De-stashing , here i come

1 Comments:

Blogger B said...

Beautiful colors!!!! Are there alot of knitting stores in Australia? I was there last year and wished I had knitted them - it would have been VERY therapeutic for the plane trip!

Good luck with the 2 month sabbatical from buying yarn!!!

Sorry about the $$$$$

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home