Friday, August 18, 2006

2 Finished Objects and 1 malfunctional lappie

My Martha cardigan has been now a hold for the past 2 weeks because of these 2 FOs.
1. Ava Poncho. It is finally done after 2 gruelling weeks of ripping off and casting on. Now, i am waiting for the felting kit to add some embellishment before i wear it out.


pattern: AVa Poncho
source: Rowan Ribbon twist book
time taken: 2 weeks
yarn: 5 balls of Cleckheaton 8ply 50 grams
needle size: 12 mm

modifications: it is knitted slightly shorter than the actual pattern and has a side slit that allows my hands to move more freely.

My fetching wristwarmers are done too. Simple and easy to knit.An instant gratification.


Pattern: Fetching
Source: Knitty.com
Yarn: 1 ball of Jo sharp silkroad Dk Tweed in Iceberg
Time taken : 3 nights
Needles size: 3 mm clover
Modifications: I added an extra cable at the top end of the gloves

I love Jo Sharp Tweed yarns so much that i have decided to use it again next time. I haven't been posting lately due to a slight malfunction in my laptop's monitor. I hopes it gets well soon. Right now, it is working fine again after a week of hiccups.

Dear Lappie, I love you so much, I wish you will never put me down again. I never knew i needed you so much. So does my knitting. Now, i only wish that you will always shine brightly and stay awake.

Love,

Your dear knit blogger mistress

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shanwen Ive wondered how the Ava poncho was going ;-) love the wrist warmers they look better than I thought the would as I thought the cables would be too butch for female hands - I was wrong ;-)

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u'tr alway capable to knit nice stuff

10:25 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Gorgeous wristwarmers and I'm trully inspired! ^^

Once I've finished my assignments I know what I'm doing...who cares if the weather is getting warmer! lol

12:48 PM  
Blogger B said...

I LOVE THESES!!!!!!!! AWESOME! They are in my knit bag to do - I can't wait ot start them.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home