Thursday, August 03, 2006

Ava ! What Ava ?

A piece of crap
Ava is done, all seamed up. But there was a problem. It made me looked like a gorilla.
Exagerrating you would say, but it is true. I am so sad now. All my 'ava' hopes are dashed.
I have to rip it and start all over again. Perhaps my long torso isn't exactly made for wearing ponchos. Perhaps, i cheated. The truth is... I do not own Rowan Ribbon twist book. I used my 'wonderful' photographic memory to scan and memorise the pattern at the LYS and went home with some yarn ( not even ribbon twist, a substitute). I was ecstatic and looked what happened.
Perhaps my memory wasn't that fantastic after all.

I guess i am going to email Jennifer and ask her for her modifications. I will give it 1 more try again.

But there is some good news too. I won an Interweave Mag at a Knitchick contest! I also purchase Knitting Vintage Socks from Booktopia. I hope time flies so i could get my hands on it soon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nothing worse when projects don't work out. better luck with the re-modelling.

5:04 PM  
Blogger opportunityknits said...

Don't feel bad, sometimes the knitting just doesn't behave. Keeping fingers crossed for you that it works out this time.

11:49 PM  
Blogger jen said...

*chuckle*

Oh...Shanwen...it doesn't look too bad...lol anyway when I see you, we'll work it out.

Sorry haven't replied to your mails...uni is killing me...>_<

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home