Monday, July 10, 2006

Another FO and a sweet surprise

Wristwarmers to keep my hands toasty on a cold day .














For the remaining of the World Cup knitalong, i made a pair of wristwarmers. So that makes 2 FOs for the WC kal! What an accomplishment!

Pattern: My own ( knit the borders, stockinette stitch for the body)
Receiver: For myself
Yarn: 1 ball of 50 grams Filatura Di Crosa 'Love'
Needles: 4.5 mm & 4.5 dpns
Gauge: None
Time taken: 7 July- 10 July

Look what i receive from my dear friend, a very much desired Rowan no. 37 ! I know it is a quite a dated issue but i simply love it. If there is any Rowan knitting i would like to purchase, it would be this. It boasts at least 5 beautiful patterns that i will definitely knit.

Am i a lucky girl or what? Hence, i am going to knit 'Butterfly' for her.
For example, these are some of the finalists..














Does the bag rings a bell ? It is 'Heirloom' bag ! This book is full of feminine, soft vintage style. Now, if you would excuse me, i need some time to organise my stash :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Peggy said...

I know exactly how you feel... I'm always excited about pattern books. I just ordered some back issues of IK and I just can't wait to get my paws on them!!

7:09 AM  
Blogger B said...

Congrats on your TWO FO for the world cup!!!!! I love your wrist warmers!!!!!!!

9:43 AM  
Blogger opportunityknits said...

This is a pretty issue of Rowan. Sometimes I take a while before I decide whether to buy an issue, no hurry right?

8:16 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Those are fun wristwarmers! I need to knit a pair for myself.

Oh I love browsing knitting magazines, it's one of my favorite things to do.

3:13 PM  
Blogger amber said...

I love that issue of rowan. Such pretty patterns!

12:37 AM  
Blogger Hege said...

Oh, you young people, something that is from last year is dated! ;) It's a very good issue, I save all of them, and I am actually working on Elspeth from it at the moment (it has some problems). You sure are a very good friend to knit Butterfly for your friend, she will love it!!!

2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home