Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Weak legs

I have not been blogging much, but i have been KNITTING. With martha's back done, i am casting on for the fronts of the cardigan. There had been alot of modifications with this pattern. I tried to make it longer and narrower to fit my body. But then again, i think i have destroy the pattern by doing all these. I believe after finishing the cardigan, the end product would not look like martha anymore. But who cares if it fits !!

I have also casted on for Ava poncho ! In fact, i am done with the front piece and moving on to the back. ( anyway, the both pieces look alike.) I am trying to give it a cutting edge, a poncho but not humongous and out of shape. Hence, more modifications; i started on sunday and finished yesterday. In fact it should be finished very much sooner such as on monday night ! i kept ripping it off and starting again. And towards the shaping of the end, i ripped it a zillion times due to my constant obssession of making the pointy tip perfect. It is a simple and fast knit, using gigantic 12 mm needles and done in stockinette st. I am keeping my fingers cross, hoping it will be done by friday so i can wear it for a lazy cool weekend !

Ever since i started working 2 weeks ago, my legs hurt like crazy. Right now, i also teach almost everyday as a casual relief teacher. The kids were cute but towards the end of the day, my voice was hoarse and i can't even walk properly. ( probably due to the lack of exercises in the past ) I had to walk gingerly and limped when necessary. Luckily, there was no job assignments today. So i am putting my feet up for more knitting.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I admire your bravery because you dare to modify the pattern of your first cardi! The poncho sure will turn out to be very warm. Can't wait to see their photos!

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looking forward to seeing your poncho & cardigan photos Shanwen

12:39 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

After reading your blog on Ava, I got tempted and bought myself some Ribbon Twist too!

3:22 AM  
Blogger opportunityknits said...

Looking forward to seeing Ava and your version of Martha. When you have to be on your feet all day, comfortable shoes helps :)

8:11 AM  
Blogger B said...

Congrats on working!!!!! Congrats on Knitting.... none of which inspires me lately. : )

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home