Monday, July 03, 2006

Long At Last !

Baltic Socks ! Finally done! After a gruelling month, the socks get knitted up. What took me so long ? Well, blog reading, i didn't realise that blog reading ( simply poking my nose into countless of knitting blogs) can take up most of my knitting time. 'oohing' and 'ahhing' at others FOs doesnt transform my fantasy into real life knits. Silly me..

Moreover, there was the world cup to be blame. I can't wait to get my life back into a normal biological clock. I sleep in the day, wake up at night. Many errands are simply not done.. eeeeeeww.. But who cares, this only happens once every 4 years. With soap operas of eliminating Brazil out in quarter-finals, this party is getting started! Yay!


Front view. Just taken when the sun is almost out. Now i hope you understand the severity of my sleeping patterns.
It doesn't looks long anymore.
Yarn: 3 ply wool from Handknitter's guild expo in sea blue-green, 105 grams
Pattern: Baltic Socks from Clementine's Shoes
Time Taken: June 6-July 2
Gauge: No gauge actually. I was living by the edge.

Needles: Clover dpn 2.5 mm
Modifications: I change short -row heel to the normal heel turning ( forgotten it's name)

Now, i can move on to many other projects.

Remember this very first post, there was a modified Rowan bag which i knitted. I just realise that it is called Heirloom bag from Rowan 37. I was creating my own version by looking at the picture published in Simply Knitting.. Hmmmm..

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice socks.. brazil~ought to be out

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks are gorgeous! You make me want to knit a pair too! I'm not a soccer fan but I know how badly it can screw up one's biological clock. For so many nights, my husband has been "camping" in front of the tv and my get up time is his go to bed time. Enjoy the socks and the soccer games!

10:15 PM  
Blogger B said...

Beautiful socks!!!!!!!

I am addicted to the world cup as well!!!!! It is so exciting - and you are right - they only come around every four years... HELLO! And to be honest - they have replaced the olympics in my book!

Get some sleep!!!

2:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those socks are sooooooooooo lovely. I'm not a football fan, but love tennis. Going to Wimbledon on Sunday, hope it cools down a bit!!!!!! We are having a heatwave in England. Too hot for me.

3:33 PM  
Blogger opportunityknits said...

The variegated blues on your pretty socks are really nice - Australian yarn?

1:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Baltic socks turn out really nice!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Nice socks! They look warm!

3:25 AM  
Blogger Hege said...

The socks are gorgeous! And I love the color, sea blues and greens, my favorite combination! They are fab!

4:00 AM  
Blogger Agnes said...

Lovely socks! Now I have another to add to the list ... woo hoo!
I am happy to get to know another knitter from Australia!

5:29 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

Beautiful socks! Thanks posting the link to the pattern. I have to put this one on the to-do list. :-)

2:18 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Great job on the socks and the yarn is so pretty!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Di said...

Your socks look great!

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home