Sunday, June 11, 2006

I have completely missed out on World Wide Knitting in Public day ! I didn't even realised it until today. I guess i have missed the fun.

But i can still knit on the tram, can't i?

Back to projects, I am knitting Baltic Socks by Clementine's Shoes. It has an uncanny resemblance of Ebossed leaves socks of Interweave knits. As for Pomatomus, i am giving it a rest. There were just too many holes forming whenever i did the yo, k2tog tbl. I was sure i did it right. But after several rounds later, it just didn't make sense. It is a very beautiful intricate pattern. I feel really bad for not able to 'follow' instructions. So Baltic socks are a great pick me up after having my knitting ego crushed. It has the same complexity but this baby does not bite. ( It chews!)

The World Cup is a great way to get my socks going. After a marathon of 3 matches, i have completed almost half of the first sock. With my eyes darting from pattern to my knitting and back to the tv, I have cheated my way out of multitasking and also motivating myself to knit as fast as i can ( Eg. Finish the 10 row repeat* pattern by half time/ or 2 repeats by full 90 mins)

It is a fantastic way to entertain myself when the match gets boring. So, i am doing it again tonight.
Pictures of Baltic Socks will be up when the sun is out ! I realise that flashes do not do the yarns any justice.

By the way, I can't find any more copies of Rebecca no. 27 for my Apricot jacket. I am so depressed now. To all knitters out there, if you happen to own the pattern, i would love to buy it from you, even the photocopied version of the pattern.
Please contact me....:(

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Baltic socks are just as beautiful as the Pomatomus. So don't feel bad about it.

12:11 PM  
Blogger opportunityknits said...

The baltic socks are pretty, and you're right, reminds me of embossed leaves. Good luck finding the jacket pattern.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

I have to say that knitting & TV are perfect companions! ;)

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home