Monday, June 05, 2006

I am in love with...


Apricot Jacket ! Cliche ? not for me. This beautiful feminine cardigan has been floating around blogsphere for as long as i remember. I am going to get my hands on the yarns and rebecca magazine no.27. It will be all worthwhile because of 4 fantastic reasons:

1. Winter is here. (as if the cardigan is warm enough...)
2. It will be a great birthday present for myself.
3. I think i have progress to a stage whereby i could knit a sweater.
4. I won't have to worry about dressing up in the morning ( plus knitting a cardigan is killing 2 birds with 1 stone = an excuse to knit and adding another garment for my bursting wardrobe.)

But i am very slim and waifish, hence i am just afraid that i will not get the right fit according to the instructions. I would have to adjust my gauge tremendously.

Remember the dark red vintage yarn from the expo. I spent 2 hours winding it into a ball as the yarn kept breaking into small chunks. So much for 'vintage'. The spinning isn't doing any justice to the silky yarn.
One big skein of yarn becomes like this after 2 tormenting hours. 8 odd balls and some offensive short strands. I guess it couldn't use it to knit socks. How am i suppose to knit with so many odd balls when they are all from the same skein ?
Sobbs. What a waste of money!

4 Comments:

Blogger B said...

Ouch that sucks. The yarn that is. LOVE the sweater. I am too chicken to do a sweater. Sorry about the yarn. My girls LOVE to wind them into balls but I am always afraid they will get too agressive and the same will happen to my yarn.... Sorry.....

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm excited to hear that you're going to knit a Apricot Jacket! I've seen it from other blogs in the US and just love it. Can't wait to see it started! Sorry about the purple yarn though. What a pity.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Hege said...

It's a gorgeous jacket, and I think it will look beautiful on you, just like on the model! Good luck with it!

It would be a shame to lose such a pretty yarn... A few more ends to darn in, that's all!

11:18 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Oh sorry to hear about your new yarn. There will extra pieces of strands to weave in but you can still knit something out of it. Or perhaps you could knit alternating with another yarn.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home