Monday, January 28, 2008

some monday distractions..

Look ! Chinese New year cookies. No, i didn't make them myself for once.. My cousin from singapore dropped by yesterday to give me some of these marvelous tasting goodies from bengawan solo. They are absolutely mood-lifters ( not that i was in a bad mood, it is the long weekend anyway) & yummy. The long yellow ones are pineapple tarts and the others are hazelnuts & blackcurrents cookies. Thanks Lynn !
A trick to eat those crumbly cookies: Just pop the whole thing into your mouth, don't just stop & take a nimble, it doesn't do any justice to the wonderful bursting flavours.
More crocheting as promised. Today i tried knitting a dishcloth but i was struck by the wonderful textured feel of crochet, so i switched~ from knitting to crochet with the help of this stitch & bitch book. After a few unfruitful attempts, i ended up with the circle. The stitches looked a little uneven and a bit ugly in fact but no worries at all, practice makes perfect, at least i am not shunning away from it like before... Without pausing, i casted on again with the blue yarn, hopefully, this will turn out better.
The orange yarn is debbie bliss cotton dk and the blue yarn is jo sharp cotton dk. I will put my money with debbie bliss in future as the cotton is strong, sturdy and not splitty like jo sharp's.
I have one domestic usage for it so far: Candle mat. Don't worry, i will not light the candle, just using it to flatten the stitches.. hhehhhee

Today, it is Mr H's birthday, so i am going to spend less time on the internet and more on him and cakes :)
Happy Birthday, Sweetheart !

2 Comments:

Blogger MelB said...

Oooh I just loove the cookies from bengawan solo! Last month I managed to get some cornflake cookies from their branch in the airport - they're just scrumptious! My weakness is the pineapple tart - I suppose I just have to exercise more since CNY is only next week and they are just tooo many cookies around here tempting me!

12:44 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Hi Shanwen!

Ooo... lucky you! Cookies from Bengawan Solo!!!

Great crochet too! ^^ Wow...you really mus teach me how to do it when I see you next! ^^

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home