Sunday, January 13, 2008

I have been wanting to show you these...

Some reading for the new year. Ever since Borders opened its store in the neighbourhood 3 months ago, the number of books in my house increases exponentially. H cannot leave the place without buying something. Thank god, we signed up for discounts, at least it doesn't burn a hole in the pocket. Nonetheless, it has rubbed on to me too .. ( thanks, H) My weakness are chick lits and craft books, which i buy once in a while.



Can you see the 2nd book from the top ? It's "the friday night knitting club", not a fantastic read but great inspiration for knitting. There is also a rumour that julia roberts is going to be in its movie version. This book makes me want to abandon what i am doing and work in a yarn shop full time.. haha



The first book on the top is P.S I love you. It makes me cry buckets and cherish the people around me. I have yet to see the movie. But i guess it will be great with Gerard Butler in it.
Well, did you spot the sewing reference at the bottom? I think it is high time that i revisit the domestic craft again. I am so inspired to sew ( machine sew actually) bags after checking the wonderful fabrics & sewing blogs around. At least sewing is faster than knitting.. am i right ?

Juliet has been done ages ago and worn several times now. It was completed 1 month ago and i just couldn't managed to find the time to take a decent photo. Well, this is good enough for the time being until i get someone who is kind enough to take picture of me wearing it. Overall, it is a quick and easy knit. The yarns i used ( Bamboo& cotton from patons ) do not seem to hold the garment well. After a few wears, it sags even more. Heavy drapes i would say. But since it is cotton i can wear it in summer on its own or a long sleeve top inside during winter.

This is tonight's dinner. Nothing fancy on a sunday night.. (oohhh sighh.. i am feeling the monday blues already..)I made nasi lemak and some left over grilled salmon and kfc winglets. Rice is cooked with coconut milk, salt & pandan essence. Together with some fried eggs and anchovy and peanuts, served with cubed spam with chilli onion sauce. We couldn't even finish half of these, i guess we will be eating these tomorrow as well :)

That's all for now.. Have a great week ahead.

3 Comments:

Blogger MelB said...

Hey I've also been wanting to read Ps I love you - I heard about the movie so I must read it first before watching (note to self)! I agree that sewing's soo much faster (lightning quick in fact) I have a relative who churns out a thing or two in a week-makes me wanna cry when I think how long knitting takes. I also have a thing about hand sewn bags especially with all the nice fabrics out there. I keep on telling myself 'one obsession at at a time' otherwise I get too crazy. Congrats on Juliet - it looks sooo nice with the ribbon what a brilliant idea, great colour too. Too bad on the drape, I didn't know bamboo and cotton could misbehave like that.

1:22 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

That "Friday knitting" book sounds very interesting. If there is going to be a movie then I would like to watch it.

Juliet looks very pretty. I've an UFO using bamboo yarn and I can feel the heavy draping effect even by just holding it.

12:41 AM  
Blogger Jayden's Mom said...

The dinner looks like a meal that me and my hubby would enjoyed! :o)

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home