Sunday, June 10, 2007

Weekend Knitting meme

Hello, i suppose this has been done countless of times in many knitting blogs. But it's the first time in Kniterella. Something different to spice up a lazy long weekend.. well not so long after today, i would have to commence full time work soon and have even lesser chance to knit & blog

If this is a Addicts Anonymous meet, here is what i will say

Hi, my name is Shanwen & I am a yarnaholic!
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- end/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

I started out knitting with acrylic and not even aware of it, after i discovered better yarns, i never looked back

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

Rarely, unless the pattern requires some form of basic crocheting

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

I am mildly allergic to play-doh !!

4. How long have you been knitting?

I did a brief stint when I was 8, playing with yarn, but officically knitting for the past 3 years.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Nope, but i love looking at what others recommend. Moreover shipping from amazon.com will cost me a bomb even if the price is low. I prefer booktopia.com.au, which ships locally . Ha!

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Anything fresh, clean & floral and not too heavy & musky like a night perfume. I am more of a day person

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

YES. I have to admit that i love jelly snakes, cola gums, Tim Tams, chocolate chip cookies, caramel ice cream, jam donuts and the list goes on. I am trying to curb my cravings & save those poor teeth from destruction

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

Some sewing like making bookmarks & coin pouches

9. What kind of music do you like?

jazz, rock, whatever that is already in my ipod

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?

I love anything grey, pink, lemon, olive, forest green, turquoise.. Sometimes lavender too:)

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Not married, but have been dating my darling sweetheart for three years. No pets (yet).

12. What are your life dreams?

In spite how silly i will sound, I really do hope to have my own yarn store one day.
I also dream of marrying the love of my life and growing old and wrinkled with him.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

Big chunky yarns for quick scarves. Fila di 'Zara' ( you know what i am talking abt), mostly merino or some lovely colours.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Anything eyelash or novelty or acrylic. Sometimes mohair as well. As long as it is not too gawdy or itchy on my skin.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Eyeing all zara yarns, knitting tons & tons of scarves & cardigans

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Socks & scarves

17. What are you knitting right now?

Swing cardigan for my friend & scarf for cousin

18. What do you think about ponchos?

I love ponchos with big buttons, going to sit down one day and seriously design a quirky & versatile piece for my wardrobe.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

I only knit with straight needles, i never knew how to use circulars even though i buy countless of them. They are so badly twisted & absolutely hate to soften it out.. hmm

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Is Caesin considered ? love Ivore needles.. Plastic & bamboo are great too. In fact anything light is good for my wrists.

21. Are you a sock knitter?

Absolutely.

22. How did you learn to knit?

One faithful autumn in 2004, i walked into Lincraft and saw all the yarns & posters for knitting class. I signed up immediately, because i have always wanted to learn how to knit ever since i was 8 !!! Just that knitting does not have its place in tropical Singapore .

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

It is at least 10 mths old. A pink tank top

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

Gizmo from Gremlins

25. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas

26. Is there anything that you collect?

Aside from the obvious—yarn, knitting notions and pattern books.. movie tickets

1 Comments:

Blogger MelB said...

Hey I like the booktopia website - I didnt even know about this - will have to use this more often.Thanks , Mel

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home