Sunday, June 24, 2007

i am officially 24

Yesterday, i went to wool baa to pick up some yarns for my next project & had coffee with Jen. It was suppose to be a quiet night with no hoo-ahhs birthday bash. I just wanted to go home & cooked a simple fried noodles dish & called it a night as i am still down with a cold & can't really taste anything except for those terribly minty sore throat drops. But then, it turned out otherwise, met up with H & friends for a chinese 5 course dinner.

While waiting for them to arrive, i was told to pick up my own pressie & H will pay for it. That's the problem with H, he is always afraid to buy something i disapprove.




I just love watches with big faces, Thank You Sweetheart!


So i chose a watch. Something Useful for Once! Haha, look at my fantastic collection of books, H & i used to read alot.




goo goo caramelly mess


After a long dinner, we went for birthday cakes at Crown & they were so expensive. It used to be $7 a slice & now it is $12. The worst thing about it is that they don't even dare to put the price on it. I felt cheated! We ended the night by watching Fantastic 4. It was pretty good, as i am such a fan of superhero movies.


Look at those yarns ! I just love it so much, but there is more, i just couldn't squeezed so much into the photos and i finally grabbed those Cashmerino yarns for more scarves. Yes, I am so slow to acquire these fantastic yarns with the whole knit-blogsphere chanting its name. The squishness just make my day. Now i have to put it to the test & see what is the fuss all about.

4 Comments:

Blogger MelB said...

Happy Birthday Shanwen. It sounds like you had a lovely time - dinner , cakes and most important of all YARN!!! I am so overdue to go to wool baa - I always end up buying extras on top of what I intended to buy!

6:54 PM  
Blogger shanwen said...

hello, thank you..I am having a good time, and thinking of what to knit next :)

7:07 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Happy Belated Bday Shanwen! ^^ When are you free, let's meet again...hehe...I got something for you. ^^ I wanted to give it to you AFTER your bday...;;^^

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also find the fantastic 4 nice. The knitted shirt in your previous post is kind of cool.
-Ah D

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home