Thursday, June 21, 2007

to buttons to buttons

Well, did i say there are a zillion ways i can use those buttons for craft projects, the first thing i did was to whip out an old chunky off shoulder sweater & rescued it from oblivion. This sweater was one of my favourite ones because of its complicated stitch pattern & it really looks very nice on me. Problem is, I only wore it once due to the constant slipping off my shoulder ( i know it is suppose to be that way)... Well, now that annoying trend has past & i can't wear this out in the blizzard~ing cold.. which by the way, was how i got my cold recently..

So i pinned the two sides inwards and stitched them up so that the collarband does not scoop so much and sit perfectly on me. Sorry no pics, these photos are already awful enough. One fine day, when there is sunlight & someone free to help me with a photoshoot.

Tah dah, big baby blue buttons for aesthetic effects. I have been wanting to wear this to work today, but instead of having just a cold, i am down with a full-blown fever now with constant shivering. I am not sure if i can make it to work tomorrow as i have only got 2 days of MC.

So sick of rice porridges, i am going to order takeaways for dinner tonight. I don't care if i get even worse because of this


2 Comments:

Blogger MelB said...

Oh dear sounds like that cold is there to stay. Hopefully it gets better with time. Your sweater is just gorgeous - I tried doing lace pattern for a baby sweater and ended up frogging it ...Twice!!- but I'm not giving up .

9:02 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Hi Shanwen!

Take care, darling... just stick with the porridge till you are better!!!

The sweater looks lovely...:) I'm going to do another button-y scarf with my buttons stash I think...^^

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home