Thursday, January 04, 2007

Brand New Start

While i was washing the dishes the other day, i saw a buzzing bee flying from flower to flower outside my window, wiggling itself against the soft petals, taking pleasure, time and attention to every flower. Slowly yet merticulously did whatever it needs to do : Collecting Nectar. For a moment, i actually enjoyed washing dishes. If the bee could enjoy its routine as mundane as that, I as a human being should start taking pride in whatever i do. In this new year, i have a long list of things to be done and list is growing. They are not resolutions to me but more of a " Reminder List". Hehe. Anyway, I did keep my 2004 n 2005 resolutions; which was : To be happy. "Simple and Easy", as what my Physics teacher in Secondary School would said. If i could be happy for the past 2 years, i can probably do this list...
  • To have more " me" time, time to reflect and time to think( But not be too preoccupied with my thoughts)
  • DetoX my life : Time to throw out stuff including yarn and books which i can't bear to part with , knowing that i come from a family of "keepers". There are truckloads of stuff and useless things lying around in Singapore.
  • Detox my diet- minimise my snack intake
  • Detox my purse- Throw out those unwanted receipts and movie stubs.
  • It's also high time to think about what i want in my life and seek for some stability: which means i need to get my driving license and a proper full time job this year.

That's All i am asking !!

Meanwhile: On the Knitting Front

This is the year to knit

-Grecian Jumper from Interweave Knits for myself

-Cable Scarf for cousin

-Gray Cardigan and " Willow" from Rowan before Winter

-More fancy socks

Perhaps get a part-time stint at the local yarn shop.

It has been 4 days into the new year and the holiday mood is not over yet in me... This Is a year of improvements and i can already feeling positive

1 Comments:

Blogger [ r 3 ] b E c C a said...

Let's have more 'Me' time!!! *wiNk*

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home